Know before you go - Summer Bobsleigh
Read below what you need to know before your summer bobsleigh ride, and what to expect! Do not hesitate to contact us for any further questions, by email or phone at 604-964-0040!
Summer Bobsleigh Checklist - Are you ready to ride?
Are you 12 years old or over?
(If you are between 12 and 13 years old you will need to ride positioned in front of a parent or guardian in the sled. The ratio is 1:1, one adult for every child.)
Will you have a parent or guardian present to sign your waiver when arriving at the Whistler Sliding Centre (participants under 19 years old only)?
(Government ID required at check in; children without ID will not be permitted to ride.)
|3.||Do you weigh between 85lb (39kg) and 285lb (129kg)?|
|4.||Are you between 4’6” (137cm) and 6’5” (196cm) in height?|
|5.||Do you have the physical dexterity to be able to strongly grip the sides of the bobsleigh?|
|6.||Do you adhere to the federal/provincial health orders surrounding COVID-19?|
|If you have answered "NO" to any of the above, unfortunately, you will be unable to participate in our summer bobsleigh activity, due to health and safety guidelines.|
|7.||Do you suffer from any heart conditions?|
|8.||Do you have any previous head, neck or back injuries?|
|9.||Are you or could you be pregnant?|
|10.||Do you have osteoporosis?|
We do not recommend taking part in our summer bobsleigh activity if you are pregnant or suffer from a heart condition or any chronic, recent, or severe head, neck or back injuries or osteoporosis.
the pressure (g-forces) put on the body During The Ride may aggravate these conditions, or in the case of osteoporosis cause compression fractures.
The potential risks include but are not limited to motion sickness, bruises, bumps, concussion, neck and back injuries, sprains or broken bones.
Session Schedule: What should you expect?
You will need to check in at the Guest Services building 5 minutes prior to your session start time. Those who are not checked in at session start time will not be permitted to slide.
1. Check In & Briefing (approximately 20 mins) at the Guest Services Building:
- Sign a waiver
- ID check for age
- Weight & height check
- Briefing about session
- Shuttle to Top Start
2. Exclusive Track Walk & Ride (approximately 35 mins):
- Track walk tour to start point
- Helmet fitting + safety orientation
- Ride in a summer bobsleigh with a trained pilot
3. Results & Photo (approximately 15 mins):
- Photo with your pilot
- Find out your top speed and time
- Opportunity to purchase your ride video
- Return to Guest Services to receive your diploma
Whilst riding you will be feeling g-forces of several times your body weight pushing down on your body & speeds up to 90 km/h or more, and the ride can be strenuous as it is a real sport experience. Please ensure that you have met the safety requirements above before the ride.
For your own safety you must also:
- Have a basic understanding of English & the cognitive ability to understand/follow instructions.
- Not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Not be taking any medication that could impair judgement or physical dexterity to your session start time.
What to bring/wear?
- Comfortable clothing
- Government issued ID for minors
- Tie back long hair
- Remove loose jewelry
- Helmet cameras are not permitted
- Own helmets are not permitted. Must wear WSC helmet.
Family and friends are invited to come and watch your session from the track’s public areas! All spectators must check in at Guest Services and follow track safety procedures.
- What will happen if I am over the weight/height limit?
Unfortunately if you do not meet our weight requirements you will not be able to participate in our sessions. We highly recommend ensuring you are within the weight limit before arriving at the centre to avoid disappointment.
- If I am under 19 can I bring a letter of consent from my parent or guardian?
Unfortunately, we cannot accept letters of consent, we need a parent or guardian present at the time of presentation to sign the waiver.
- Can I wear a GoPro/point of view camera, or film with a handheld camera/selfie stick?
Unfortunately, as a safety precaution, we do not permit any participants to wear helmet or chest mounted cameras, or film with handheld devices whilst riding.
- Do I need to bring my gift certificate or Groupon code to check in?
You will need to bring your gift certificate or Groupon code to check in, if the booking was made using this.
- Can I bring my family and friends to watch?
Spectators are welcome! Please ensure that all spectators check in at Guest Services to get a track map.
We have implemented new standards and procedures in addition to our existing sanitation and safety protocols. A full outline of these precautions is available here.
How do I get to the Whistler Sliding Centre by car?
- From Highway 99/Sea-to-Sky Highway in Whistler Village, turn onto Village Gate Blvd.
- Turn right at Blackcomb Way.
- Turn right at Glacier Drive and go up the hill towards Blackcomb Base II (follow directions to Tube Park)
- Turn right at Glacier Lane/follow the blue signs to the Whistler Sliding Centre & parking lots 7 and 8.
- After passing lot 7 (located on your left), take a right turn at the top of the hill and go underneath the bridge. Past the bridge, turn right as the road forks to arrive at the Whistler Sliding Centre.
- FREE Visitor parking is located right below the Guest Services building, park your car and continue from there to the Guest Services building to check in.
All driving & public transit directions are available here.
What is the cancellation policy?
You may cancel your booking up to 48hrs prior to your reservation date and receive a full refund. Cancellations made after this period are non refundable. Any changes made to the reservation date or time are subject to availability and a $20 administration fee.