Know before you go - Summer Bobsleigh
Before you book, please read the below to make sure you are ready for your Summer Bobsleigh ride!
Do not hesitate to contact us for any further questions, by email or phone at 604-964-0040.
Summer Bobsleigh Checklist - Are you ready to ride?
Are you 12 years old or over?
(If you are between 12 and 13 years old you will need to ride positioned in front of a parent or guardian in the sled. The ratio is 1:1, one adult for every child.)
Will you have a parent or guardian present when checking in at the Whistler Sliding Centre (participants under 19 years old only)?
Do you weigh between 85lb (39kg) and 285lb (129kg)?
|4.||Are you between 4’6” (137cm) and 6’5” (196cm) in height?|
Do you have the physical dexterity to be able to strongly grip the sides of the bobsleigh?
Do you adhere to the federal/provincial health orders and Whistler Sliding Centre guidelines surrounding COVID-19?
If you have answered “NO” to any of the above, unfortunately, you will be unable to participate in our summer bobsleigh activity, due to health and safety guidelines.
Do you suffer from any heart conditions?
Do you have any previous head, neck or back injuries?
Are you or could you be pregnant?
Do you have osteoporosis?
We do not recommend taking part in our summer bobsleigh activity if you are pregnant or suffer from a heart condition or any chronic, recent, or severe head, neck or back injuries or osteoporosis.
This is due to the pressure (g-forces) put on the body during the ride which may aggravate these conditions, or in the case of osteoporosis cause compression fractures.
The potential risks include but are not limited to motion sickness, bumps, bruises, rashes, head, neck and back injuries, sprains or broken bones.
Frequently asked questions & more
Session Schedule: What should you expect?
Please fill in your online waiver prior to your arrival (link in your confirmation email). You will need to check in at the Guest Services building 5-10 minutes prior to your session start time. Those who are not checked in at session start time will not be permitted to slide. Our bobsleigh operation may be subject to change in adherence to current health & safety policies & recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Check In & Briefing at Guest Services Building (approx. 20 mins):
- Waiver check
- Weight & height check
- Briefing about session
- Shuttle to Top Start
Exclusive Track Walk & Ride (approx. 35 mins):
- Track walk tour (downhill) to start point
- Helmet fitting + safety orientation
- Summer bobsleigh ride with a trained pilot
Results & Photo (approx. 15 mins):
- Photo with your pilot
- Find out your top speed and time
- Receive your free diploma & opportunity to purchase your ride video
Whilst riding you will be feeling g-forces of several times your body weight pushing down on your body & speeds of around 90 km/h, and the ride can be strenuous as it is a real sport experience. Please ensure that you meet all the physical requirements outlined at the top of this page before the ride.
For your own safety you must also:
- Have a basic understanding of English & the cognitive ability to understand/follow instructions.
- Not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Not be taking any medication that could impair judgement or physical dexterity to your session start time.
What to bring/wear?
- Face covering/mask
- Comfortable clothing
- Tie back long hair
- Remove loose jewelry
- Body-mounted cameras are not permitted
- Own helmets are not permitted; must wear Whistler Sliding Centre helmet.
*The Whistler Sliding Centre does not take responsibility for loss, theft or damage of personal belongings.
Family and friends are welcome to come and watch your session from the track’s public areas! All spectators must follow track safety procedures, including COVID-19 protocols. Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times.
We have implemented new standards and procedures in addition to our existing sanitation and safety protocols. A full outline of these precautions is available here.
- What will happen if I am over the weight or height limit?
Unfortunately, if you do not meet our weight and height requirements you will not be able to participate, so we recommend ensuring you are within the limits before arriving at the centre to avoid disappointment.
- Do I have to sign an activity waiver?
Yes, you will receive a link to our online waiver in your booking confirmation. For a smooth check-in process, please fill in the waiver previous to your arrival. If you have any issues with the online waiver, you can fill in a paper version on site upon arrival.
- If I am under 19, can I bring a letter of consent from my parent or guardian?
Unfortunately, we cannot accept letters of consent, we need a parent or guardian present at the time of check-in.
- What are the rules around photography/video/point of view cameras?Participants are permitted to bring their camera devices at own risk, however during the ride those have to be zipped up in a pocket (or left outside the sled). For your safety, we do not permit the use of body-mounted cameras, handheld devices or selfie sticks whilst sliding. Flash photography is not permitted along the track. A video of your ride is available for purchase!
How do I get to the Whistler Sliding Centre?
All access options and directions are available here. There is free guest parking available at the Whistler Sliding Centre.
What is the cancellation policy?
- You may cancel your booking up to 24 hours prior to your booked activity time to receive a full refund. Cancellations within 24 hours of the booked activity time incur a $20 administration fee per booked guest.
- In the event that a session is cancelled (at the discretion of the Whistler Sliding Centre) participants will have the choice of a full refund or re-scheduling.