How to get to the Whistler Sliding Centre
Venue Street Address:
4910 Glacier Lane
Whistler, British Columbia
V8E 0C2 Canada
GONDOLA ACCESS (winter only):
If Whistler Blackcomb’s Excalibur Gondola is running, it is a short walk from Blackcomb Base II to the venue. You may ride the Excalibur Gondola without the purchase of a lift ticket as long as you do not have ski or snowboard gear with you. Exit the gondola at the first stop, walk straight across the ski slope, and straight through parking lot 7, which is located directly in front of you (level with the gondola). Turn left (uphill) on Glacier Lane. You will see our venue as you reach the crest of the hill, on the right hand side of the road. Please check Whistler Blackcomb's website for their lift status as they can close unexpectedly.
- The Whistler Sliding Centre can be accessed via the BC Transit bus system to "Staff Housing"/Route 7, followed by a short walk to the venue. For information on timetables and fares please visit the BC Transit website.
- To walk from the bus stop: You will exit the bus at the Whistler Blackcomb Staff Housing facility (the last stop). From here head uphill, following the road around. You will pass a large parking lot on your left hand side. Keep walking uphill until you see the Whistler Sliding Centre on your right hand side. Turn into the venue and take the road that forks to the right, down to the guest service building.
- From Highway 99/Sea-to-Sky Highway in Whistler Village, turn onto Village Gate Blvd.
- Turn right at Blackcomb Way.
- Turn right at Glacier Drive and go up the hill towards Blackcomb Base II (follow directions to Tube Park)
- Turn right at Glacier Lane/follow the blue signs to the Whistler Sliding Centre & parking lots 7 and 8.
- After passing lot 7 (located on your left), take a right turn at the top of the hill and go underneath the skier overpass bridge. After the bridge, turn right as the road forks to arrive at the Whistler Sliding Centre.
- FREE Visitor parking is located right below the Guest Services building, park your car and continue from there to the Guest Services building to check in.
Visitor parking is located below the Guest Services building: Drive straight under the skier overpass bridge and then turn right as the road forks. Pass the Whistler Sliding Centre Guest Services building on your right, following the road down until you find the parking lot on your right.