Welcome to the Whistler Athletes' Centre!
The Whistler Athletes’ Centre is a high performance accommodation and training facility, catering to high performance and development sport groups, sport associations and clubs looking to train in any season at any venue in the Whistler region. The Centre offers nightly accommodation in 82 rooms and long-term rental options in 20 townhomes. Guests have access to state-of-the-art strength and conditioning resources. The Centre also provides short-term lodging and meeting room space to special event participants & volunteers, educational groups and arts & culture organizations.
Built for the athletes of the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games 2010, guests continue to utilize the Whistler Athletes’ Centre for lodging and dryland conditioning. No other venue in Whistler provides the level of accessibility and amenities for athletes like the Whistler Athletes’ Centre!
Contact & Hours of Operation
- For any questions, contact us per email or phone at 604-964-0052
- Front desk hours are currently limited: Monday to Friday 9:00am to 4:30pm, limited coverage on weekends.
Transit service disruption as of January 29:
Transit services and BC Transit customers’ ability to use the public transit services in Whistler are currently suspended due to an ongoing strike (starting at 5 a.m. Saturday, January 29, 2022). At this time BC Transit cannot be certain as to the length of the job action. More information here
The Whistler Athletes' Centre operates within health & safety protocols to prevent the spread of communicable diseases such as Covid-19.
Amenities at the Whistler Athletes' Centre
Accommodation options & Amenities
- 82 rooms for nightly rental in the Athletes’ Lodge in single, double, triple room configurations. Lodge amenities include a well-equipped self-serve kitchen, ski and bike storage, tuning rooms & more.
- 20 townhomes for long-term accommodation in 2 & 3-bedroom configurations.
- Fully accessible: The Lodge and the High Performance Training Centre are fully accessible, including accessible/wheel in washrooms/showers. The Whistler Athletes' Centre is the only lodging and training facility in Whistler that provides this level of accessibility.
- Complimentary wifi.
- Limited parking is available on site with additional parking in Cheakamus Crossing municipal lots.
- Pets are not permitted in the Whistler Athletes' Centre buildings with the exception of service dogs.
Proximity to Key Venues
- Whistler Olympic Park: 15km (cross-country skiing, biathlon, Nordic combined, ski jumping, roller skiing, trail running, mountain biking, meeting room rentals, team building events)
- Whistler Sliding Centre: 5km (bobsleigh, luge, skeleton, meeting room rentals, team building events)
- Whistler Mountain: 4km (alpine skiing, snowboarding, mountain biking, hiking, trail running)
- Blackcomb Mountain: 8km (alpine skiing, snowboarding, ski/board cross course, half-pipe, summer glacier skiing, hiking, trail running)
- Whistler Lakes and Rivers: 1 to 8km (paddling and rowing sports, open-water swimming, triathlon)
- Whistler Trails and Roads: less than 1km (mountain biking, road cycling, crosscountry running)
- Vancouver International Airport: 128km
Customized assistance with all your training needs
You have booked your stay at the Whistler Athletes' Centre... now find out what we can do to make your training and competition experience even easier. Catering, gym access, wellness and physio appointments - we can make it happen!
Available exclusively for targeted Canadian athletes
High Performance Training Centre
The High Performance Training Centre features a 4,000 sq. ft. strength and conditioning gym, a 5,000 sq. ft. gymnastics hall, recovery and regeneration rooms, change and shower facilities, exercise physiology testing room, rental offices and a 1,300 sq. ft. multi-purpose room. Eligible athletes and teams (no public access) can book directly with the Canadian Sport Institute Pacific, via email to Craig Hill:
- Sport Canada nationally carded athletes from across Canada
- National Teams (targeted summer and winter sports)
- Provincially identified athletes (as per PSO eligibility criteria)