The Whistler Athletes’ Centre is an accommodation and training facility, catering to high performance and development athletes, sport associations and clubs looking to train in any season at any venue in the Whistler region, as well as educational groups, arts & culture organizations and special event participants & volunteers.
The Centre's Lodge offers 79 comfortable rooms of various configurations, all rooms are private with some room types providing ensuite bathrooms. Canadian carded athletes with a Canadian Sport Institute membership will have access to the state-of-the-art strength and conditioning resources. Access to this training centre can also be arranged in conjunction with special events. No other venue in Whistler provides the level of accessibility and amenities for athletes like the Whistler Athletes’ Centre. Read more about amenities and room configurations below!
This facility is part of the non-profit organization Whistler Sport Legacies, a Registered Charitable Amateur Athletic Association (RCAAA), and we are proud to support athletes on their way to the podium!
Contact & Hours of Operation:
For any questions, contact us per email or phone at 604-964-0052!
Our front desk hours at the Athletes' Lodge are 7:00am to 10:00pm daily.
Amenities at the Whistler Athletes' Centre
Accommodation options & Amenities
- 79 comfortable guest rooms of various configurations (more information below). Large and accessible bathrooms are shared between two rooms, providing comfort and privacy for guests. Some configurations offer private bathrooms.
- Well-equipped self-serve kitchen (more information below).
- Ski and bike storage is available, private tuning/storage rooms can be rented.
- The facility is fully accessible, including accessible/wheel in washrooms/showers. The Whistler Athletes' Centre is the only lodging and training facility in Whistler that provides this level of accessibility!
- Complimentary Wifi.
- Limited parking available on site, with additional parking in Cheakamus Crossing municipal lots.
- Pets are not permitted in the Whistler Athletes' Centre buildings with the exception of service dogs.
You have booked your stay at the Whistler Athletes' Centre... now let us provide you with customized assistance with all your training needs! Find out what we can do to make your training and competition experience even easier. Catering/nutrition, gym access, wellness and physio appointments - we can make it happen!
High Performance Training Centre
Available exclusively for targeted Canadian athletes, the High Performance Training Centre features a 4,000 sq. ft. strength and conditioning gym, a 5,000 sq. ft. gymnastics hall, recovery and regeneration rooms, change and shower facilities, exercise physiology testing room, rental offices and a 1,300 sq. ft. multi-purpose room. Eligible athletes and teams (no public access) can book directly with the Canadian Sport Institute Pacific, via email to Shannon McGinnis:
- Sport Canada nationally carded athletes from across Canada
- National Teams (targeted summer and winter sports)
- Provincially identified athletes (as per PSO eligibility criteria)
Lodge guests have exclusive use of the expansive 70 seat self-serve kitchen. The open concept space allows for flexibility of use dependent on your individual needs. Amenities include:
Seating area for 70 people
3 cooking stations (with 6 gas burners & industrial oven)
Fridge, freezer & dry storage
Commercial coffee makers & dishwasher
Small wares (plates, cutlery, glasses etc.)
Cooking aids (pots, pans, knives, measuring bowls etc.)
Lodge Room Configurations
Lodge Moderate Single
- sleeps one person -
132 square foot space equipped with one Twin XL bed, bedside table and lamp, study desk and chair, clothing cabinet, complimentary wireless, radiant temperature control. Book now
Lodge Moderate Queen
- sleeps 1-2 peOPLE -
132 square foot space equipped with one Queen bed, bedside table and lamp, study desk and chair, clothing cabinet, complimentary wireless, radiant temperature control. Book now
- sleeps 1-2 people -
132-165 square foot space equipped with 2 Twin XL beds, bedside tables and lamps, clothing cabinets, complimentary wireless, radiant temperature control. Book now
- sleeps 1-2 people -
Corner room with spectacular views, 1 Queen bed, bedside tables and lamps, television, clothing cabinet, mini-fridge, study desk and chair, complimentary wireless, radiant temperature control. Book now
Lodge Queen Private
- sleeps 1-2 people -
Room with 1 Queen bed, private bathroom, bedside tables and lamps, television, clothing cabinet, mini-fridge, study desk and chair, complimentary wireless, radiant temperature control. Book now
Lodge 2 Bedroom Private
- Sleeps up to 4 People -
Two bedrooms with private bathroom. Corner room with covered patio, 1 Queen bed, bedside table and lamps, television, clothing cabinet, mini-fridge, radiant temperature control. The second room has 2 Twin XL beds, bedside tables and lamps, clothing cabinets, complimentary wireless, radiant temperature control. Book now
Proximity to Key Venues
- Whistler Olympic Park: 15km (cross-country skiing, biathlon, Nordic combined, ski jumping, roller skiing, trail running, mountain biking, meeting room rentals, team building events)
- Whistler Sliding Centre: 5km (bobsleigh, luge, skeleton, meeting room rentals, team building events)
- Whistler Mountain: 4km (alpine skiing, snowboarding, mountain biking, hiking, trail running)
- Blackcomb Mountain: 8km (alpine skiing, snowboarding, ski/board cross course, half-pipe, summer glacier skiing, hiking, trail running)
- Whistler Lakes and Rivers: 1 to 8km (paddling and rowing sports, open-water swimming, triathlon)
- Whistler Trails and Roads: less than 1km (mountain biking, road cycling, crosscountry running)
- Vancouver International Airport: 128km
The Whistler Athletes' Centre operates within health & safety protocols to prevent the spread of communicable diseases such as Covid-19.