*** We're Back to full operations on July 8! ***
After a year of limited operations, we will fully reopen to both individual guests and groups on July 8, 2021!
For the past year, only limited accommodation access could be provided to select groups due to restrictions affecting BC’s sport sector during Covid-19. We are excited to welcome everyone back starting July 8!
To keep our guests and staff safe, we continue to operate with enhanced health & safety protocols in accordance with federal and provincial guidelines, read more here!
- Front desk hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am to 4:30pm; Limited coverage on weekends. For any requests, you can contact us at 604-964-0052 or by email.
- The use of masks in public spaces continues to be mandatory at this point.
- Restrictions are currently still in place for the use of the self-serve kitchen, which are expected to be lifted as BC's restart plan moves forward.
- We will not be accessing your room during your stay, but we will be providing you with clean linens on a weekly basis.
We are looking forward to seeing you!
The Whistler Athletes’ Centre team
Welcome to the Whistler Athletes' Centre!
The Whistler Athletes’ Centre is a high performance accommodation and training facility, catering to high performance and development sport groups, sport associations and clubs looking to train in any season at any venue in the Whistler region. The Centre offers nightly accommodation in 82 rooms and long-term rental options in 20 townhomes. Guests have access to state-of-the-art strength and conditioning resources. The Centre also provides short-term lodging and meeting room space to special event participants & volunteers, educational groups and arts & culture organizations.
Built for the athletes of the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games 2010, guests continue to utilize the Whistler Athletes’ Centre for lodging and dryland conditioning. No other venue in Whistler provides the level of accessibility and amenities for athletes like the Whistler Athletes’ Centre!
Contact & Hours of Operation
- For any questions, contact us per email or phone at 604-964-0052
- The Front Desk is available daily from 8:30am to 3:30pm.
Should you require additional hours of service, inquire for a possible extension of our operational hours. After hours check-in is available 7 days per week.
Amenities at the Whistler Athletes' Centre
Accommodation options & Amenities
- 82 rooms for nightly rental in the Athletes’ Lodge in single, double, triple room configurations. Lodge amenities include a well-equipped self-serve kitchen, ski and bike storage, tuning rooms & more.
- 20 townhomes for long-term accommodation in 2 & 3-bedroom configurations.
- Fully accessible: The Lodge and the High Performance Training Centre are fully accessible, including accessible/wheel in washrooms/showers. The Whistler Athletes' Centre is the only lodging and training facility in Whistler that provides this level of accessibility.
- Complimentary wifi.
- Limited parking is available on site with additional parking in Cheakamus Crossing municipal lots.
- Pets are not permitted in the Whistler Athletes' Centre buildings with the exception of service dogs.
Proximity to Key Venues
- Whistler Olympic Park: 15km (cross-country skiing, biathlon, Nordic combined, ski jumping, roller skiing, trail running, mountain biking, meeting room rentals, team building events)
- Whistler Sliding Centre: 5km (bobsleigh, luge, skeleton, meeting room rentals, team building events)
- Whistler Mountain: 4km (alpine skiing, snowboarding, mountain biking, hiking, trail running)
- Blackcomb Mountain: 8km (alpine skiing, snowboarding, ski/board cross course, half-pipe, summer glacier skiing, hiking, trail running)
- Whistler Lakes and Rivers: 1 to 8km (paddling and rowing sports, open-water swimming, triathlon)
- Whistler Trails and Roads: less than 1km (mountain biking, road cycling, crosscountry running)
- Vancouver International Airport: 128km
Customized assistance with all your training needs
You have booked your stay at the Whistler Athletes' Centre... now find out what we can do to make your training and competition experience even easier. Catering, gym access, wellness and physio appointments - we can make it happen!
Available exclusively for targeted Canadian athletes
High Performance Training Centre
The High Performance Training Centre features a 4,000 sq. ft. strength and conditioning gym, a 5,000 sq. ft. gymnastics hall, recovery and regeneration rooms, change and shower facilities, exercise physiology testing room, rental offices and a 1,300 sq. ft. multi-purpose room. Eligible athletes and teams (no public access) can book directly with the Canadian Sport Institute Pacific, via email to Craig Hill:
- Sport Canada nationally carded athletes from across Canada
- National Teams (targeted summer and winter sports)
- Provincially identified athletes (as per PSO eligibility criteria)