Volunteering at the Whistler Sliding Centre
Passionate about adrenaline fueled sports? Love being close to the action? Come Volunteer at the Whistler Sliding Center!
The venue is one of only 15 sliding tracks in the world, and each winter season, it hosts competitions ranging from local/provincial races to international World Cup weekends, featuring the world's best athletes in bobsleigh, skeleton and luge. These events would not be possible without passionate volunteers.
In the 2019/20 season, highlights will be the Viessmann Luge World Cup and BMW Sprint World Cup in December, plus numerous smaller sliding events through the season until March.
There will be exciting volunteer perks available!
If you are interested in helping out for these great events or would like more information, get in touch with us now by email!
December 13 & 14, 2019
Volunteer at the Luge World Cup!
See the world's fastest athletes on ice when they compete for the World Cup titles in the Women's, Men's, Doubles and Sprint races. The Whistler Sliding Centre is one of only nine stops on the 2019/20 FIL Luge World Cup circuit, so this event should not be missed!
Event volunteer positions (examples)
- VIP Host – Greeting VIP guests upon arrival & ensuring that they have the best experience possible.
- Spectator Hosts – Providing front line information and guidance for our valued spectators.
- Access Control – Checking accreditations at various points within the venue
- Officials Assistant – Helping officials at the start and finish
- Doping Chaperon – Assisting with doping protocol
- Sliding Officials - Helping facilitate the races from the sports side of things (ask us about officials certification courses!)