Viessmann Luge World Cup and BMW Sprint World Cup
This event is in the past. To view similar upcoming events click here.
See the world's fastest athletes on ice! On December 13 and 14, over 130 athletes from 19 nations will compete in the Viessmann Luge World Cup women’s singles, men’s singles and doubles races as well as the BMW Sprint World Cup which will cap off the weekend.
The World Cup will give spectators a taste of the FIL Luge World Championships that will be held on Whistler’s track in early 2021.
|Friday, December 13, 2019|
|1:40 pm||Women's Singles First Run|
|3:05 pm||Women's Singles Second Run|
|4:30 pm||Men's Singles First Run|
|6:05 pm||Men's Singles Second Run|
|Awards & Fireworks|
|Saturday, December 14, 2019|
|12:45 pm||Doubles First Run|
Doubles Second Run (Live on CBC TV)
|3:30 pm||BMW Sprint World Cup - Men|
|4:15 pm||BMW Sprint World Cup - Women|
BMW Sprint World Cup - Doubles
$10/event day (13+ years) for main events, Dec 13 & 14; Free for ages 12 & under.
- Online at http://whistlerslidingcentre.com/lugeworldcup2019
- At the Whistler Sliding Centre/main entry gate
ON-SITE SERVICES/SIDE EVENTS
- Food & beverage vendors (spectator area is fully licensed)
- DJ Foxy Moron, Cheese!Box Photo Booth
- Fireworks after awards ceremony on Friday evening, Dec 13
DIRECTIONS - How to get to the World Cup
The Whistler Sliding Centre is located at 4910 Glacier Lane, across the street from Lot 8.
- The Excalibur Gondola will be running during the World Cup events on Friday and Saturday. No ticket is required to get on the Gondola as long as you are not dressed for skiing or snowboarding / are not carrying skis or snowboards (similar to access to the Tube Park). Follow signs to the luge event through parking lot 7.
- Parking is available in lots 1-5 in the Village with access on the gondola. Parking is also possible in lots 6, 7 and 8 (within walking distance to the Whistler Sliding Centre), upon availability.
- Public Transit: BC Transit bus system to Staff Housing (route 7), followed by a short walk to the venue. Timetables/fares available on the BC Transit website.
Available on the FIL website
Media need to obtain accreditation to attend the event. Please contact Chris Dornan/Canadian Luge Association by email.
Whistler Sliding Centre
4910 Glacier Lane
Whistler BC V8E 0C2