Luge Open House (Oct 19, 2019)
This event is in the past. To view similar upcoming events click here.
The Whistler Sliding Centre invites children and youth aged 7-14 to this FREE and FUN get-together.
Participants and their parents learn about the comprehensive "Learn to Slide" sport programming at the Whistler Sliding Centre and the athlete pathway. They also get a taste of the sport of luge in an exclusive track walk, the opportunity to try "roller luge", meet famous luge athletes and much more!
- Learn about luge, programming and the athlete pathway at the Whistler Sliding Centre
- Meet the Head Coach
- Experience a track walk - just like the Olympians!
- Try "roller luge" (luge imitation on flat concrete)
- Luge-related games and activities
- Meet Canadian national team and "Next Gen" athletes and get their autographs
|Dates||October 12, 19 and 26, 2019|
|Time||9:30am to 11:30am|
|Registration||Please register by email with Sally Bennett, Sport Manager|
|What to wear||Dress in athletic clothing (runners), and for the weather as the program has outdoor portions.|