BMW IBSF World Cup Bobsleigh & Skeleton 2017
This event is in the past. To view similar upcoming events click here.
The best bobsleigh and skeleton athletes will be back on the world’s fastest track in Whistler on November 24 and 25 for the BMW IBSF World Cup!
On their way to the 2018 Olympic Winter Games in PyeongChang, 200 athletes representing 25 countries will compete for the prestigious medals in the disciplines Women’s Skeleton, Men’s Skeleton, Women’s Bobsleigh, 2-Man Bobsleigh and 4-Man Bobsleigh. The event is organized by Bobsleigh Canada Skeleton.
Race Schedule (subject to change):
Friday, Nov 24:
- 10:00am: Women's Skeleton, heat 1
11:30am: Women's Skeleton, heat 2
- 3:00pm: 2-Man Bobsleigh, heat 1
4:30pm: 2-Man Bobsleigh , heat 2
- 6:00pm: Women's Bobsleigh, heat 1
7:30pm: Women's Bobsleigh, heat 2
Saturday, Nov 25:
- 10:00am: Men's Skeleton, heat 1
11:45am: Men's Skeleton, heat 2
- 2:00pm: 4-Man Bobsleigh, heat 1
3:30pm: 4-Man Bobsleigh, heat 2
Ticket cost is $10.00/person/day, children 6 and under are free
Tickets are available:
- At the Whistler Sliding Centre/Guest Services building
On-Site Services November 24/25:
- Spectator Shuttle to top start area of track
- Retail: Buy a Whistler Sliding Centre bell at Guest Services to make some noise!
Around 200 athletes from 25 countries competing:
- Bobsleigh (18 nations):
AUT, BEL, BRA, CAN, FRA, GBR, GER, ITA, JAM, JPN, KOR, LAT, MON, NED, ROU, RUS, SUI, USA
- Skeleton (20 nations):
AUS, AUT, BEL, CAN, CHN, ESP, GBR, GER, ISV, ITA, JPN, KOR, LAT, NED, NOR, NZL, RUS, SUI, UKR, USA
Winners of last season’s BMW IBSF World Cup races in Whistler (December 2-3, 2016)
- Women’s Skeleton: Elisabeth Vathje (CAN), Time Total 1:49.25
- Men’s Skeleton: Sungbin Yun (KOR), Time Total: 1:45.86
- Women’s Bobsleigh: Kaillie Humphries/Cynthia Appiah (CAN), Time Total 1:46.53
- 2-Man Bobsleigh: Francesco Friedrich/Thorsten Margis (GER), Time Total: 1:44.21
- 4-Man Bobsleigh: Alexander Kasjanov/Alexey Zaitsev/Aleksei Pushkarev/Maxim Belugin (RUS), Time Total 1:42.51
How to get to the Whistler Sliding Centre:
- The Whistler Sliding Centre is located at 4910 Glacier Lane, across the street from Lot 8.
- The Excalibur Gondola will be running from 8:30am-5:00pm on Friday and Saturday (after 5:00pm there will be free shuttle buses to transport spectators from the Whistler Sliding Centre to the village). No ticket is required to get on the Gondola as long as you are not dressed for skiing or snowboarding / are not carrying skis or snowboards (similar to access to the Tube Park).
- Parking is available in lots 1-5 in the Village with access on the gondola. Parking is also available in lots 6, 7 and 8 (within walking distance to the Whistler Sliding Centre).
- Public Transit: BC Transit bus system to Staff Housing (route 7), followed by a short walk to the venue. Timetables/fares available on www.bctransit.com.
will be available on the IBSF website
EVENT VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
Want to help out at this world class event, watch exciting sliding races and get great perks?