BMW IBSF World Cup Bob & Skeleton 2016
This event is in the past. To view similar upcoming events click here.
The world’s best bobsleigh and skeleton athletes are back at the Whistler Sliding Centre to kick off the 2016-17 BMW IBSF World Cup season! On December 2 & 3, nearly 200 athletes representing 22 countries will compete for the prestigious medals on the world’s fastest track. Competitions will be held for Women’s Skeleton, Men’s Skeleton, 2-woman Bobsleigh, 2-man Bobsleigh and 4-person Bobsleigh.
|Race Schedule (subject to change):|
|Friday, Dec 2||2:00pm||Women’s Skeleton Heat 1|
|3:30pm||Women’s Skeleton Heat 2|
|6:00pm||2-man Bobsleigh Heat 1|
|7:30pm||2-man Bobsleigh Heat 2|
|Saturday, Dec 3||10:00am||Men’s Skeleton Heat 1|
|11:30am||Men’s Skeleton Heat 2|
|2:00pm||2-woman Bobsleigh Heat 1|
|3:30pm||2-woman Bobsleigh Heat 2|
|6:00pm||4-person Bobsleigh Heat 1|
|7:30pm||4-person Bobsleigh Heat 2|
Ticket cost is $10/person (incl. tax), Children 12 and under are free. Proceeds from ticket sales go towards sliding sports. Tickets are available:
- Online (select 'Sport Event Admission' and the date that you want to visit)
- At the track entrance ticket booth, or in Guest Services building
- At the Visitor Centre, Whistler, Gate Way Dr.
On-Site Services December 2 & 3:
- Spectator Shuttle to top start area of track
- Fully Licensed Spectator Area in the Lower Loop:
- Mulled wine, beer, non-alcoholic beverages and smokies/brats by Gibbons
- Snowline Catering (veggie & chicken curry)
- Retail: Buy a Whistler Sliding Centre bell at Guest Services to make some noise!
Around 200 athletes from 22 countries competing:
- Bobsleigh (14 nations): AUS, AUT, BRA, CAN, FRA, GBR, GER, KOR, MON, NED, ROU, RUS, SUI, USA
- Skeleton (18 nations): AUS, AUT, BEL, CAN, ESP, GBR, GER, ISV, ITA, JPN, KOR, LAT, NED, NZL, RUS, SUI, SWE, USA
Winners of last season’s BMW IBSF World Cup races in Whistler (January 22-23, 2016)
- Women's Skeleton: Tina Hermann (GER), Time Total 1:48.90
- Men's Skeleton: Martins Dukurs (LAT), Time Total 1:44.31
- 2-woman Bobsleigh: Kaillie Humphries/Melissa Lotholz (CAN), Time Total: 1:45.37
- 2-Man Bobsleigh 1: Rico Peter/Thomas Amrhein (SUI), Time Total 1:43.41
- 2-Man Bobsleigh 2: Chris Spring/Lascelles Brown (CAN), Time Total 1:42.76
How to get to the Whistler Sliding Centre:
The Whistler Sliding Centre is located at 4910 Glacier Lane, across the street from Lot 8.
- The Excalibur Gondola will be open from 8:30am-9:30pm. No ticket is required to get on the Gondola as long as you are not dressed for skiing or snowboarding / are not carrying skis or snowboards (similar to access to the Tube Park).
- Parking is available in lots 1-5 in the Village with access on the gondola. Parking is also available in lots 6, 7 and 8 (within walking distance to the Whistler Sliding Centre).
- Public Transit: BC Transit bus system to Staff Housing (route 7), followed by a short walk to the venue. Timetables/fares available on www.bctransit.com.
Results will be available on the IBSF website
The Whistler Sliding Centre is looking for VOLUNTEERS for this international top event!