BMW IBSF World Cup Bob & Skeleton
This event is in the past. To view similar upcoming events click here.
Friday January 22, 2016
IBSF World Cup Women's Skeleton #6 / Heat 1
|3:30pm||IBSF World Cup Women's Skeleton #6 / Heat 2|
|4:30 - 6:00pm||BREAK|
|6:00pm||World Cup 2-Man Bobsleigh #5 / Heat 1|
|7:30pm||World Cup 2-Man Bobsleigh #5 / Heat 2|
|Saturday January 23, 2016|
|10:00am||IBSF World Cup Men's Skeleton #6 / Heat 1|
IBSF World Cup Men's Skeleton #6 / Heat 2
|12:30 - 2:00pm||
|2:00pm||IBSF World Cup Women's Bobsleigh #6 / Heat 1|
IBSF World Cup Women's Bobsleigh #6 / Heat 2
IBSF World Cup 2-Man Bobsleigh #6 / Heat 1
|7:30pm||IBSF World Cup 2-Man Bobsleigh #6 / Heat 2|
* Official Training:
January 19: 9:00am-12:00pm & 3:00-6:00pm
January 20: 10:00am-1:00pm & 3:00-6:00pm
January 21: 10:00-11:30am & 12:00-1:30pm & 3:00-4:30pm & 6:00-7:30pm
Spectators are free on training days. No extra services (food etc.). Access to the Lower loop only (from Maple Leaf Start to the Finish).
- Everyone will require a ticket to enter the event on race days.
- The cost of a ticket is $10 (including all taxes), children 12 and under are free.
- Tickets are available online (click button below) or at the track entrance ticket booth on or in our Guest Service Building on site.
How to get to the track:
- The Blackcomb Gondola –Excalibur will be open from 8:30am-9:30pm. No ticket required to get on the Gondola as long as you are not dressed for, or carrying skis or snowboards. (Same as access to the Tube park)
- Parking is available in lots 1-5 in the village with access on the gondola. And in lots 6,7 and 8 walking distance to the sliding centre.
- Public Transit: The Whistler Sliding Centre can also be accessed via the BC Transit bus system to Staff Housing (Route 7), followed by a short walk to the venue. For information on timetables and fares please visit BC Transit's website.
On-Site Services January 22 & 23:
- Spectator Shuttle to top start area of track
- Food and Beverage in the Festival area (Lower Loop):
- Tim Hortons (coffee and hot chocolate)
- Gibbons Life Beer Garden (beer, cider, mulled wine)
- Schnitzel Shack (you guessed it... schnitzel!)
- Sugar Mama Pastries (sweet treats: cookies, cupcakes, squares)
- Covered spectator warming area
- Retail: Buy a Sliding Centre bell to make some noise!
- Fireworks at the conclusion of each race day!
Activation in the Village:
- Wednesday & Thursday 4:00-6:00pm: Animated screen in the Village/at the Olympic Plaza (fun interaction with Canadian athletes and a chance to win event tickets).
- Monday & Wednesday 4:00-6:00pm: Meet & Greet with Canadian athletes at the Olympic Plaza.
During the races, you will find live results here: www.ibsf.org
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS:
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers that enjoy the excitement of being close to the action! Volunteer roles include: Spectator Hosts, Access Control, Officials Assistants.. and many other roles to make the event enjoyable for everyone!
Email Megan Wastle for more information and to sign up, and download the pdf below for more information!