COVID-19 Response - Whistler Sliding Centre
Increased COVID-19 Health & Safety Precautions
The well-being of our guests, staff and community is our biggest priority. We have implemented new standards and procedures in addition to our existing sanitation and safety protocols for our venue and for our programs. On a daily basis, we are monitoring the current developments to ensure we follow the latest federal & provincial policies & recommendations.
Maintaining a Safe & Clean Venue Environment
- Daily screening of staff, and pre-screening questionnaire for guests & athletes for symptoms of COVID-19:
- Have you been experiencing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19? (such as fever, shortness of breath, cough, sore throat…)
- Have you travelled from outside the country in the last 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with anyone with a respiratory illness or a probable/suspected case of COVID-19?
- Physical distancing mandatory at all times when possible (minimum 2 metres)
- In areas where physical distancing cannot be maintained such as in vehicles, personal protective equipment such as masks are to be worn by staff and guests. Guests may bring their own, non-medical mask if available, otherwise single use masks are available on site free of charge.
- Occupancy limits on our indoor spaces in order to maintain physical distancing
- Handwashing and sanitation protocol for guests and staff; sanitation stations available throughout the venue
- Plexiglass shields at Guest Services check-in counter
- Increased cleaning and sanitation of high touch surfaces and areas, such as Guest Services check-in area, counters, payment terminals, washroom facilities etc.
Summer Bobsleigh: Additional COVID-19 Precautions
- Staff & pilots:
- Are screened daily for symptoms of COVID-19
- Follow extensive hygiene protocols
- Use personal protective equipment such as masks and gloves where necessary
- Small group sizes:
- Summer bobsleigh tours are arranged in small size groups to ensure physical distancing.
- Only members of one COVID-19 bubble group ride in the same bobsleigh (with their pilot).
- Pre-booking is strongly recommended:
- Pre-booking summer bobsleigh rides will help us plan for the individual guest groups arriving at the venue, and ensure minimal contact between unrelated COVID-19 bubble groups. Guests are to arrive at the time stated on their confirmation email to avoid waiting in proximity of unrelated groups.
- If guests have not pre-booked their ride, they may be asked to wait outside or in their car or to return at a later time for the next available time slot.
- Shuttle vehicle precautions:
- Driver and guests are required to wear a mask while inside a vehicle.
- Vehicles are sanitized regularly.
- Helmet precautions:
- Helmets are disinfected after every use
- Each helmet is only used by one guest/day (at least a 1-day rotation)
- Guests are required to wear balaclavas or masks covering nose, mouth and hair under their helmets. Balaclavas and masks are provided free of charge and for the guest to keep after the ride.
- Sleds are sanitized after every run
Winter Passenger Bobsleigh & Public Skeleton: Additional COVID-19 Precautions
We are currently finalizing our enhanced COVID-19 safety concept for our public winter activities, passenger bobsleigh and public skeleton!
What we ask of Guests & Athletes:
- Do not visit our venue if you:
- Are feeling sick / have been experiencing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19
- Have travelled from outside the country in the last 14 days
- Have been in close contact with anyone with a respiratory illness or a probable/suspected case of COVID-19
- Maintain a safe physical distance from others; wear a mask when distancing is not possible or when advised
- Follow the posted signage
- Be patient with our team and others as we navigate this new normal
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!