Cross-Country Skiing Lessons
Lessons are available for classic (where you ski in set tracks) or skate skiing (where you ski ‘free’/not in the tracks), all age groups and abilities. Speak to our team to find out whether classic or skating would be the right technique for you!
Read our "Know Before You Go" for information on what to wear and what to bring for activities involving cross-country skiing at Whistler Olympic Park!
Cross-Country Ski Private Lessons
Private Lessons provide an opportunity to receive dedicated attention from one of our professional cross-country ski instructors in your choice of classic or skate technique. Whether you are brand new to skiing or want to evaluate your current skill set and develop further, our instructors are looking forward to helping you this winter. If you are looking to take a lesson as a family or with a friend, Private Lessons are available to be booked for up to 6 people!
Lessons run for 1 hour and 20 mins and are available 7-days a week. Timeslots are based on instructor availability, so we recommend booking in advance! Our Private Lessons are suitable for those aged 7+, while our Minis on Skinnies Lesson is perfect for kids aged 4-6.
Pre-booking via online or phone is required. For lesson bookings within 48 hours, please call 604-964-0059!
adaptive private lessons
Our partner, Whistler Adaptive Sports Program, is committed to introducing individuals with a disability to sport, recreation, and therapeutic sports programming. If you are seeking an Adaptive Nordic lesson or would like more information, we invite you to contact us or email Whistler Adaptive directly. Programs are accessible for people of all ages with physical, sensory, or cognitive disabilities. Whistler Adaptive serves locals in its community and visitors from across Canada and around the globe.
|skate or classic, 1hr 20min lesson||1 pers.||2 ppl||3 ppl||4-6 ppl|
Adult private lesson (Ages 13+)
YOUTH private Lesson (ages 7-12)
Minis on Skinnies Classic Lesson (ages 4-6)
- minimum 2 participants required to run
*Listed prices do not include tax. A day ticket or season pass is required and is not included in the lesson price.
- With more than 4 days' notice, a full refund is available with cancellation. Within 4 days of the lesson booking a 25% admin fee will be charged and the rest of the cost refunded. With 1 day's notice, no refund is provided and a 25% fee charged for re-booking.
- A late arrival time (over 15 minutes) will result in your lesson being forfeited. If you are running late for your lesson, please ensure you contact Guest Services on 604-964-0059.
Camps & Clinics
Whistler Olympic Park offers multi-day progression camps for adult beginners and intermediate skiers as well as for youth, with a focus on progressively teaching and refining techniques to provide a solid ski foundation to enjoy the trails. The following camps & clinics are available:
- Adult Nordic Ski Camps (2-day, group)
- Adult Fast & Fit Progression Clinic (5-week, group)
- Youth Multi-Sport Camps (Winter Holiday & Spring Break)