Women's Ski Day 2020
This event is in the past. To view similar upcoming events click here.
Whistler Olympic Park invites all women to the 4th annual “Women’s Ski Day”, a full day of cross country ski fun, learning and connecting with like-minded women!
For only $20, women can register for a special program which includes a beginner or intermediate ski lesson and an après event. Furthermore, all female park visitors, including those that are not registered for the paid program, will receive a 20% discount on day tickets for cross-country skiing and on ski rentals, a 20% discount on women’s apparel in the park’s retail shop, and can participate in a free guided afternoon social ski.
The event is an accessible avenue for those new to Nordic skiing to learn the basics from all-female coaches, and for those who want to improve on existing skills. The all-female environment creates an encouraging and inclusive atmosphere, and participants can connect with future ski partners with similar ability levels.
all female Park visitors will receive:
(no registration is required for these perks!)
- 20% discount on day tickets for cross-country skiing and on ski rentals
- 20% discount on women's apparel in the park’s retail shop
- Free access to a guided afternoon social ski (1:30 - 2:30 pm, meet at Cross Country Building)
- Gear demos (first come/first serve)
special Paid PROGRAM (sold out!):
(registration required, limited availability!)
Women 19 years and older can sign up for the day's special paid program for only $20 (trail tickets and rentals are not included in the registration cost). The registration includes:
- A group lesson led by top female instructors (available for beginner and intermediate skiers; skate and classic options)
- Après session with an inspiring panel discussion about "Women in Sport" with prominent female guest speakers, plus mulled wine, snacks, gifts and prizes
- Opportunity to stay overnight at Whistler Athletes' Centre Lodge for 15% off (while supplies last)
- All other perks of Women's Ski Day mentioned above!
To register, contact Guest Services by phone at 604-964-0059 or on-site at the Day Lodge!
|Special Paid Program Schedule (subject to change - sold out!):|
|8:30 -10:15am||Check-in (Cross Country Building)|
|9:45 - 10:15am||Welcome and morning tea (Cross Country Building)|
|10:15 - 10:30am||Movement on Skis (warm-up for Group 1 lessons)|
|10:30 - 11:30am||Lesson Group 1|
|11:45 - 12:00pm||Movement on Skis (warm-up for Group 2 lessons)|
|12:00 - 1:00pm||Lesson Group 2|
|1:30 - 2:30pm||Guided Social Ski|
|2:30 - 4:00pm||"Women in Sport" panel discussion & Après (Cross Country Building)|