COVID-19 Response Whistler Olympic Park
INCREASED COVID-19 HEALTH & SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
Whistler Olympic Park’s biggest priority for the upcoming winter season is to ensure the health and safety of all our guests, athletes, staff and community. We are implementing new standards and procedures in addition to our existing sanitation and safety protocols for our venue and our programs. We continue to monitor new developments daily to ensure our operations are following the latest federal and provincial policies and recommendations.
Winter 2020/21 Operations Update (September 14, 2020)
Our team continues to diligently work through adjustments for this winter’s operations, to welcome you back in the safest way possible. We are committed to providing you with operational updates in line with public health concerns and guidelines. As we progress further into winter, so will our operations. We expect adjustments to be required as the public health situation develops and our adapted winter operations evolve.
We ask that you continue to visit this page for further updates, and subscribe to our newsletter to ensure that you are kept up-to-date with further developments. We encourage our guests to be prepared for their visit to the Park this winter and plan ahead with the information available, this will ensure you have all the information you need to have an enjoyable, but most importantly, safe experience on the trails!
Whistler Olympic Park is excited to continue providing our guests with a low-risk outdoor recreation environment with our core experiences of cross country skiing and snowshoeing. Our extensive trail network allows visitors to safely manage their experience at the Park, with various trail access locations. There will be additional signage and measures in place to adhere to current public health guidelines on our trails and throughout the Park, and where required, modifications to trail routing and directional flow will be made.
Modified experience & services in the Day Lodge, Rental Shop & Snow School:
- Capacity within the Day Lodge and other indoor areas will be limited and managed
- Rentals will be available, with adjustments to allow for pre-booking, physical distancing and enhanced cleaning and safety protocols
- Café opening hours may be modified and seating will be adapted and managed appropriately, in line with the relevant public health guidelines for restaurant spaces
- Seating areas within the Day Lodge will be restricted to use by café guests only, including within the Fireside Lounge. Additional outdoor seating and storage areas will be made available
- Lessons and programs will continue to be offered, with extra safety precautions in place
With our thoughts on the winter season, the anticipation of snow and the return to our picturesque trails on skis or snowshoes, our team is working hard to prepare in the coming weeks and months. We are excited to welcome back our guests and sports community to Whistler Olympic Park this winter and very much hope to see some new faces among our visitors, too!
Maintaining a Safe & Clean Venue Environment
- Daily screening of staff for symptoms of COVID-19
- Physical distancing mandatory at all times when possible (minimum 2 metres)
- In areas where physical distancing cannot be maintained, personal protective equipment such as masks will be worn by staff.
- Occupancy limits set and posted on our indoor spaces in order to maintain physical distancing
- Handwashing and hand sanitation protocol for guests and staff; sanitation stations available in high traffic areas throughout the venue
- Plexiglass barriers installed at check-in counters
- Increased cleaning and sanitation of high touch surfaces and areas, such as Guest Services check-in area, counters, payment terminals, washroom facilities etc.
What we ask of guests, athletes and all other visitors:
- Do not visit our venue if you:
- Are feeling sick / have been experiencing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19
- Have travelled from outside the country in the last 14 days
- Have been in close contact with anyone with a respiratory illness or a probable/suspected case of COVID-19
- Maintain a safe physical distance from others; wear a mask when distancing is not possible or when advised
- Follow the posted signage
- Be patient with our team and others as we navigate this new normal
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!