Backcountry / Touring Access
Backcountry Access Guidelines & Recommendations
- Whistler Olympic Park only provides parking access to backcountry, we are not responsible for safety of persons using backcountry. Users enter upon own risk. Access for daytrips only, no overnight parking.
- To park at Whistler Olympic Park, purchase a backcountry access admission at the gatehouse. Please take note of gate opening and closing times on our conditions page. Gates are locked nightly.
- Display a valid/filled out Backcountry User Dashboard Permit in your car (link above). In the event that the owner of a vehicle cannot be located, the Park will contact the RCMP who will in turn contact the appropriate search-and-rescue organizations.
- Access the backcountry trailheads from the designated trails only (check our trail map). Backcountry signage is posted to help navigate toward the backcountry access points.
- Important: DO NOT ACCESS either trail head by touring up the side of the ski jump or through the snowmobile access road. Although these two areas have been recommended in guidebooks as access routes, they are dangerous areas due to avalanche hazards and the movement of machinery.
- In the event that the owner of a vehicle parked within Whistler Olympic Park cannot be located after closing time (4.30pm), the Park will contact the RCMP who will in turn contact the appropriate search-and-rescue organizations. Vehicles left within the Park after hours will be towed at the owner's expense.
- If you anticipate that your trek may extend past regular hours of operation, please park outside the main gate in the overnight lot at Alexander Falls Recreation Site/800 meters below the WOP ticket booth. Make sure you have purchased a ticket for using Whistler Olympic Park’s trails to access the trailheads and downloaded a dashboard permit (link above) before leaving home.
Please contact us (email or phone 604-964-0059) with questions on accessing the backcountry through Whistler Olympic Park.