Book Your Field Trip
Booking for the 2022-2023 season is now closed. Waitlisted schools will be contacted if any dates become available. Bookings for the 2023-2024 winter season will open in September. Please read the information on this page before submitting a booking request.
Information collected will be used for the sole purpose of communicating about field trips. All contacts will be added to our mailing list. If experiencing issues with our web form or to be removed from the mailing list, please contact us directly.
Policies & Payment Information
School programs are available weekdays from mid-December to early April, excluding SD48 Pro-D days and holidays. Due to high demand, booking requests received October 31 onwards will be waitlisted. We will contact you if dates become available.
Trips are reserved on a first come first served basis. We accept booking requests from all districts, however, Squamish/Whistler/Pemberton schools will be prioritized until October 15, provided that requests are received by this date. Due to the length of our season, we have a limited number of dates available. If you have requested 2 dates for the same class(es) we will waitlist your second date, and will follow up with your school late November/early December if dates are still available.
New to our programs? Book a site visit prior to your trip! Contact us for more information.
For lessons/tours, we can accommodate approximately 60 students or 2 - 3 classes from the same school each day. Additional schools are welcome to book ski/snowshoe tickets and rentals for a self-guided experience (no lesson/tour) if our lessons/tours are at capacity.
Tickets and rentals are provided for chaperones on a 1:10 ratio plus a floater. For example, if you book 50 students, we will provide complimentary tickets and rentals for 6 chaperones. A flat rate of $22 per person applies for each chaperone in excess of this ratio. Additional complimentary tickets/rentals can be requested for EA's and 1:1 support staff.
Accessibility & Inclusion
Contact us to discuss any accessibility needs/barriers to students and ways we can support. Adaptive equipment and leisure buddy support can be provided in cooperation with Whistler Adaptive, to integrate any participant into a ski lesson. Please contact Whistler Adaptive directly to make arrangements for leisure buddy support.
When your trip is confirmed, a Booking Confirmation email will be sent to all contacts provided. Upon receiving this email:
- "Know before you go" and review pre-trip information on our programs page.
- Review your confirmation email and booking details. Read our Booking Policies and Payment Information and understand your booking obligations, including deposits, payments, changes, and cancellations.
- Show students what they can expect by sharing our video and Physical Literacy resources!
- Help us learn more about your group!
- Guided Lessons/Tours: Determine skier skill levels and divide students into groups of approximately 10-12. Include boot sizes for ski rentals - a sizing chart and cheat sheet with skier skill levels are included on confirmation emails. Send us your groupings and boot sizes 2 weeks in advance of your trip. Sizing is not required for snowshoe rentals. Any additional information about your students will be helpful, e.g. behavioural cues, adaptive needs, etc. Please include lunch orders if ordering from the Whistler Cooks lunch program.
- Self-Guided Trips: Send boot sizing only for ski rentals.
We provide instructors/guides on a 1:10 ratio.
To ensure a student focused learning environment, chaperones need to have the same or greater skiing ability as their assigned student group. Tickets and rentals are provided for chaperones on a 1:10 ratio plus a floater. A flat rate of $22 will be applied for chaperones in excess of the 1:10 ratio plus a floater. Additional complimentary tickets/rentals can be requested for 1:1 support staff.
A chaperone is a teacher, educational assistant, support staff, parent or guardian. We ask that chaperones help us in the following areas:
- Assist students in the rental shop with equipment pick-up/return. Help students with boots/skis/snowshoes.
- Ski with a group and assist with supervision during on-snow activities, washroom breaks, etc. Chaperones who are not skiing may walk on trails in designated areas only.
- Supervise students during lunch.
A quote will be provided with your confirmation email, and a hold will be placed on your trip date(s). To secure your booking, we require a 50% deposit no later than two weeks prior to your trip. We will issue a final invoice for the balance owing no later than 2 weeks post-trip. If you wish to pay in full prior to your trip, we will refund the difference if numbers decrease (see “Changes To Group Size” below for more information if your numbers change significantly).
For credit card payments (preferred), we will provide a credit card authorization form. If payment must be made by cheque, please make cheques payable to Whistler Sport Legacies, 1080 Legacy Way, Whistler, BC, V8E 0K3 - include the name of your school, trip date, and indicate that it is a deposit. E-transfers are also accepted, please contact us for EFT information.
Change of Date
Historically, we have not had capacity to change dates after December 1st. If a scheduling conflict arises, please contact us as soon as possible.
Change to Group Size
Changes of more than 10% within 1 week of your trip may result in fees charged for 90% of your booking. We understand that numbers fluctuate, please contact as soon as possible to make adjustments.
- More than 2 weeks notice - no penalty.
- Within 1 – 2 weeks, 50% deposit is non-refundable.
- No Show – 100% of original booking value applies.
We understand public health orders have seen on-going change over the past two years. Refunds will be provided for COVID related cancellations if public health orders prohibit field trips, large group gatherings, travel between communities, or if a class has been directed to isolate. Admin fees may apply.
Cancellations made by WOP or as a result of district-wide bus cancellations or highway closures will not be penalized.
Contact us prior to your trip if you are considering cancelling due to extreme cold. Admin fees will apply if we are notified last minute / day of. WOP remains open during rain or cold weather events. Our staff are prepared with contingency plans to facilitate programs in variable weather. The Callaghan Valley can experience different warming/cooling patterns in comparison to Whistler/Squamish – check our Weather web page for current conditions. Some schools choose to come despite the cold, therefore extreme cold cancellations are at the discretion of the school in consult with Whistler Olympic Park. In the event of extreme cold, we recommend following Cross Country BC’s cold weather policy for event cancellations. Temperature is what will be expected/measured at program start time, start time may be delayed if warming is predicted.
- -15°C cancel event for age 12 & under
- -20°C cancel event for age 13 & up