Training Space Bookings
Whistler Sport Legacies' venues are state-of-the-art facilities of Olympic standard. They are open for training to athletes of all disciplines and of all levels, winter and summer, for dryland camps, club training or discipline-specific training in beautiful Whistler.
See below for more information on training time bookings for:
- Bobsleigh, Skeleton, Luge / Whistler Sliding Centre
- Cross Country Skiing, Biathlon, Ski Jumping, Rollerski / Whistler Olympic Park
- Multi-Sport, Dryland / Performance HUB, Whistler Athletes' Centre
Your training on the Olympic legacy venues can be combined with a stay at the Whistler Athletes' Centre, you can find more information on accommodation here!
Training at the Whistler Sliding Centre
The Whistler Sliding Centre is one of 15 internationally sanctioned artificial ice tracks used for competition and training. It is a National Training Centre for Canada’s luge, bobsleigh and skeleton teams, home of the BC Sliding Development Centre and an important training venue for international athletes.
training for Domestic and International athletes
All domestic and international inquiries or requests from athletes, coaches, officials and support staff from the Provincial Sport Organizations, National Sport Organizations and members of the International Luge Federation (FIL) or International Bobsleigh and Skeleton Federation (IBSF) should email us their inquiry regarding:
- Booking ice time at the Whistler Sliding Centre
- Domestic and international training requests
- Current season track schedule
- Current season Track-Use rates
- Sled storage
- Sled rental
- Contract coaching services
- Accommodations at the Whistler Athletes’ Centre
- IBSF and FIL training camp or race information
- International Training Weeks at the Whistler Sliding Centre
- Paid training registration at the Whistler Sliding Centre
If you are new to the sliding sports and would like more information about the BC Sliding Development Centre’s programs, including introductory "Discover" sessions and bobsleigh or skeleton schools, click here or contact the Whistler Sliding Centre by email or phone 604-964-0040 ext. 2205.
Training at Whistler Olympic Park
Whistler Olympic Park offers year-round training opportunities for Nordic skiing and cross training.
In the winter, athletes have access to close to 90 kilometres of beginner to expert cross-country ski trails, an internationally sanctioned biathlon range, four jumping hills (HS 20, HS 40, HS 106 & HS140) for all levels, storage and wax facilities and a full-service Day Lodge. Each year in October/November, Whistler Olympic Park offers the early-season Nordic training opportunity "Callaghan Gold" to cross-country and biathlon athletes and teams, with a 1.5 kilometre long trail made out of natural/stored snow from the previous season. For summer training, the Park offers a paved rollerski network, the use of the biathlon range, and natural trails which make for a perfect dryland and cross-training environment.
Biathlon Range Booking (year-round)
Individual athletes and groups who wish to train at Whistler Olympic Park's Biathlon Range need to register in advance with our Sport Manager. The Range is internationally sanctioned and has 30 lanes equipped with electronic targets. Athletes and coaches need to be members of either Biathlon Canada or Biathlon USA and need to have their firearms Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL) or equivalent. Please email us for rates, policies and availability, and fill in/attach the booking form (download below) with your request. We require a minimum of 72 hours notice to process requests.
Nordic Booking (Spring/Summer/Fall):
Individual athletes and groups who wish to train on Whistler Olympic Park’s 4.3 kilometres of roller ski trails need to register in advance with our Sport Manager. Please email us for rates, policies, and availability, and fill in/attach the booking form (download below) with your request. We require a minimum of 72 hours notice to process requests.
Nordic Booking (Winter)
Sport groups who wish to arrange formal training sessions/camps at Whistler Olympic Park need to make arrangements in advance with our Sport Manager. Please email us for rates, policies, and availability. We require a minimum of 72 hours notice to process requests.
Multi-Sport & Dryland Training in the "Performance HUB"
The Performance Hub is a well-equipped flex space/multipurpose room on the 2nd floor of the Whistler Athletes' Centre's High Performance Training Centre. It is available for dryland training, testing, meetings, workshops and group fitness classes. The Hub provides the tools and space to fill your training and meeting needs. It is equipped with:
- TRX™ 8-suspension training straps and 21” mount
- Bosu™, balance discs and boards
- Medicine Balls: 20 balls, Soft shell medicine balls: 2- 8lbs
- Bands & tubing: light- ultimate heavy
- Plyometric boxes: Hard and Soft
- Body toning bars: 6lbs – 24lbs
- Agility & SAQ Tools: Ladders, , rings, skip ropes, cones etc.
- Hurdles: 6”, 9”,12” 18” and athletic
- Recovery Tools: Foam rollers, yoga blocks, Pilate balls
- 20+ Ariex™ mats
Who can use the Performance Hub?
- Community members for scheduled fitness classes
- Local businesses and sport organizations for meetings, dry land training or athlete testing
- Visiting sport groups for dry land training, testing, coaching workshops or team meetings
- National, Provincial or local sport organizations or teams coming to Whistler for camps or competitions
- Athletes or teams staying at the Whistler Athletes lodge for meetings, or training.
- Personal Trainers to book space to train clients.
Rate information and how to book the Performance Hub
Full day, half day and hourly bookings available, please email Tami Mitchell, Manager Sport Development or by phone 604-966-0031.