Sea to Sky Moves
The Sea to Sky Moves Council (est. 2020) is a shared community initiative and includes
- Lil’wat Nation
- Squamish Nation
The initiative's goal is to improve the development of physical literacy in the Sea to Sky corridor, and increase overall physical activity of all ages to positively impact the residents' health and wellbeing.
The WHO identified insufficient physical activity as the 4th leading risk factor for mortality worldwide. Physical inactivity has been further intensified by the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
Building on the Canadian 24-Hour Movement Guidelines and the efforts of Canadian expert groups such as ParticipACTION, Active For Life and Sport For Life, the Council's goal is to educate and motivate the community to increase physical activity in all age groups.
The Council is supported by the B.C. Physical Activity Strategy and delivered by Sport for Life.
How can the Community access resources and services:
- Are you interested in becoming a Sport for Life champion in the Sea to Sky corridor?
- Do you want to hire a Physical Literacy champion for staff training & education?
- Do you need resources to implement Physical Literacy into your programs, classrooms or camps?
- Are you looking for professional development courses and access to physical literacy resources?
- Are you looking for stepping stones to enhance indigenous sport and physical activity participation?
- Do you want to attend or seek help in offering an ISPARC Aboriginal Coach Model NCCP course?
- Do you have other questions about Sea to Sky Moves Council services?
For any of the above or for more information, email Sea to Sky Moves Coordinator Tami Mitchell.
To stay connected, follow Sea to Sky Moves on Facebook.
Sea to Sky Moves Council:
- Mission: Healthy active physically literate communities for life.
- Vision: Everybody in motion!