In addition to purely recreational programs, the Whistler Sliding Centre together with the local sliding associations is offering programming for public participants who want to learn bobsleigh, skeleton or luge. Programs are offered for kids (luge), young adults (luge/skeleton) and adults (bobsleigh/skeleton). If you or your children are interested in pursuing sliding sports this is the place to start! Click here for more information.
Our Public Bobsleigh Program is an activity for your 'bucket list'! Hop into a 4-person bobsled and take an adrenaline-fueled ride down the world’s fastest track, now an Olympic legacy. With guidance from a trained bobsleigh pilot (and reassurance from our detailed safety procedures), you and your team will coast through 10 twists and turns at speeds of 125+ km/hr and feel the acceleration of up to 4 G forces as you reach the track’s final and famous Thunderbird Corner. Bobsleigh runs rain, snow or shine so it’s the perfect addition to your time in Whistler, whatever the weather.
+++ Public Bobsleigh will be available again in Nov/Dec 2016 +++
Thunder on Ice
- Our winter season with “Thunder on Ice”/public bobsleigh and "Lightning on Ice"/public skeleton is now over. Program will resume for the 2016/2017 season in Nov/Dec 2016.
- Cost for “Thunder on Ice” (1 bobsleigh ride with pilot in a 4-person bobsleigh): $169 + tax per person. Booking will be possible in fall 2016.
- Individuals who sign up for both the bobsleigh and the skeleton experiences get a $100 discount (book by phone for the discount).
- Advance booking is required, full payment is required at time of booking.
- No prior bobsleigh or skeleton experience is required. All participants must be 14 years or older at the time of the experience and be prepared for a fairly strenuous ride.
- For more information, read the "Know Before You Go", or contact us (email or phone: 604-964-0040)
- Activity Location: Whistler Sliding Centre, 4910 Glacier Lane, Whistler BC, V0N1B4. How to get here
- We have a 7 day cancellation policy, whereby any cancellations within 7 days of your slide time will be non-refundable. Any cancellations outside of 7 days from your slide time are refundable minus the $30 administration fee.
- Booking changes and amendments are subject to a $30 administration fee
- In the event that a session is cancelled (at the discretion of WSC) participants will have the choice of a full refund or re-scheduling